Our Sustainability Commitment
GreenBeams™, LLC has made a commitment to a sustainable lifestyle.
- We used to produce all of our own electricity via a roof mounted photovoltaic array. Now we are working on reducing demand in preparation for installing an array in Philly.
- We have set a goal of reducing electricity consumption by 10% by year end 2015 over 2014.
- We use hybrid vehicles and strives to limit vehicle miles and have set a goal of reducing gas consumption by 5% by year end.
- We strive to reduce water consumption and have set a goal of reducing water use by 10% by year end.
- The company captures rainwater for garden irrigation in rainbarrels.
- We also strive to conserve natural gas, which we use for heat and cooking.
- We participate in the One-Bag-A-Week Challenge™ to reduce solid waste destined for the landfill and strive to consciously purchase products that have recyclable packaging and can be recycled. We work to deconstruct all items destined for the landfill identifying ways to recycle each part whether it is paper, carpet, or computer chips. GreenBeams™ has set a zero waste goal by year end 2016.
- Paper use is limited. All consumed paper contains recycled material and is subject to 100% recycling. All plastic, glass and metal is subject to 100% recycling.
- Packaging material is recycled.
- Technology waste is recycled at SECCRA.
- Printer cartridges are recycled through a local church program.
- Batteries and corks are recycled at Whole Foods.