Here we are at year end. How did we do?
- Cut total annual electricity consumption by almost half – 2,000kWh
- and generated 600 kWh less than 2010 (all that 2011 rain and snow really got in the way of the sun! )
- and ‘sold’ double the amount of electrcity to the utility double compared to last year!
- On a monthly basis though, consumption is up over last month and last year- we blame Thanksgiving and all that cooking – but it could be the new microwave and range. Next month will show if there is a trend.
Gas, Sewer, Water and Trash
- Cut annual gas consumption a little mostly from not using the dryer.
- Cut annual water consumption by 25% and sewer by 33%. Did the same amount of wash but watered the gardens only from the rain barrels and installed water saving aerators and showerheads.
- Trash totals increased even with vigilance.
Where do we go from here?
- Air sealing